Heaton Norris Memories

THE site for all ex residents of the Heaton Norris area of Stockport.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Photos and stories needed.

Bill White
Administrator

Welcome to this website aimed at providing a meeting place for all of ex-residents of the Heaton Norris area. Or even for those that simply have an interest in the subject.

We are always in search of old photos of the area so if you come across any that haven't already been posted please could you upload them or email to me. All members have the necessary permissions to upload and comment on the pictures.

Old stories and anecdotes relating to the subject would also be very welcome, and would be invaluable in helping to put flesh on the bones of the website.

--

November 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Andrew Gray

I have relatives who used to live in Heaton Norris, on Brunswick St and Chruch St going way back. Mary Gray (1805-1879) was the wife of Robert Gray and lived on Brunswick St, no 49 then 55. They had several children including Jane Gray (b1831) who married Edward Bowes (b1828, and who had Thomas Bowes (1863). Mary also had George Gray, c1838, Mary Gray c1839, and Thomas Gray (1841-1890). Thomas was my great great grandfather, and Married Elizabeth Thompson (nee Bailey) (b1844). They had 2 boys, George Gray (b1865) and William Thompson Gray (1873-1944). George moved to Cheadle and had 2 children, whilst William Thomson Gray stayed in Heaton Norris and married Eliza Gaskell (1899 -1940). They lived 3 Church St and had 2 boys - Alan Gaskell Gray (1899 -1940) and William Eric Gray (1902-1969) both born in Heaton Norris before they and their parents moved to Blackpool.

Its going back along time I know but I would love to hear from anyone who has any family connection or possible photos connected with my past relatives of Heaton Norris. If theres a chance.,, Many thanks!

February 3, 2020 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.